****WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS****
Requirements and Entry Process for Apprentices
The Sprinkler Fitters Union Local 281, U.A. Joint Apprentice Committee will begin accepting applications for admission to the Sprinkler Fitters Apprentice Training Program. Applications will be accepted at various times throughout the year. See below under the current news items for the list of dates and hours for applications.
Qualification for Apprenticeship Applicants:
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- A photocopy copy of your birth certificate showing that you are not less than 17 years age must be provided.
- A photocopy of your high school diploma or high school equivalency (G.E.D.) certificate must be provided.
- Official transcripts from high school (must remain sealed).
- All Veterans must provide a photocopy of their most recent Military Form (DD-214).
- Applicants must pass a physical examination upon entry into the program.
- Applicants will be required to successfully pass a drug-screening test as a condition of employment.
- Applicants must provide a $25.00 non-refundable application fee by certified check or money order only, made payable to Local 281, J.A.C. NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- A valid driver’s license and dependable transportation are mandatory. The Sprinkler Fitters Union Local 281, U.A. territory includes all of these eight counties in Illinois, Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry and Will and that portion of Lake and Porter counties in Indiana north of U.S. Route 30.
- The Application form must be completed on site.
- All required documents MUST be presented at the time of application, i.e. photocopy of birth certificate, photocopy of high school diploma or G.E.D., photocopy of valid I.D. and photocopy of DD-214 if you are a veteran. PLEASE BRING PHOTOCOPIES OF THESE DOCUMENTS. ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE RETURNED!
- Applications will close on November 22, 2021, to allow testing and interviewing of all applicants who qualify. All Applicants must appear in person, present one photo I.D., and a $25.00 application fee to receive an application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED!